Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Host

With so much insanity going on with the politics in this country I feel overwhelmed. I feel the need to provide videos and commentary on how in-fuckin-sane the world and the government has become BUT I don't like throwing my politics down peoples throats so I try to balance out this blog with "The World is Dying" with "I LIKE THIS SONG!"

Whatever...

The more I see the democrats voting for the Lieberman amendment and voting against friggin Moveon.org - I don't even know what angle or position to take. It's just all so fucked up.

So - that said.

I watched this really weird, entertaining monster movie last night. If you have been following the blog at all (thank you - BTW) you might know I'm a crazy person who is obsessed with horror flicks. It's strange because I am one of the more sensitive people on the planet. Someone sneezes and I feel like I have to do the same and I think about it and want to recommend a certain allergy remedy...blah, blah, blah...

But I can watch a scary flick (guts and all) and I don't have nightmares.

Well - I will if it's good and that is rare. Most suck.

ANYWAY - I watched this Korean flick called The Host. It is the strangest, fabulous and most thought provoking film I've seen in awhile. Is it great? - no. But it is an interesting take on "the monster flick". Most monsters in film (and society) are manifestations of our fears and it's interesting to take a look at that.

The Host creates a physical threat as well as a political threat - and the only people that can prevail is a "loser family" trying to find their child....

Check out the trailer...



P.S. The lead guy Song Kong-Ho is an AMAZING actor. I've seen him in another flick called Memories of Murder (Same Director)and the dude has a HUGE range.

Watch this movie - put all your preconceptions aside. You will think it's scary, and then camp bullshit and then friggin - Ordinary People.

Check it out.

1 comment:

justme said...

I am leaving you comments. I love your hair! and the pink looks great! You look just beautiful, your eyes are soooooo big and your skin looks frickin great. Is that the shea butter stuff? I will, of course, look for your miracle products. Milo's gigantic! How do you do all this stuff? the videos, the pulling tape from other websites? Forgive me, I still use an abacus. xo,Jen