Thursday, May 17, 2007

Arvo Part

I discovered Arvo Part a few years ago when I was obsessed with Duncan Sheik (before he became the new Steven Sondheim) and he quoted Arvo as being one of his influences. Thus, being a You Tube junkie I punched in Arvo Part's name and these two videos came up and then add to the mix - Bjork! If any of you have been following my blog you know why I adore her...

Anyway I found this BBC TV thingy where she offers her "minimalist" influences...

I offer these videos.

I wish I was a true artist. I wish I had a focus and a vision. I wish...

But these mutha's give me inspiration so I share it with you.

Whether you get or agree with the people in these videos you have acknowledge their focus and desire and lack of commercial bullshit.

please watch.



1 comment:

Raymond Fox said...

We used a lot of Arvo Part's music in Steve Maler's production of THE DUCHESS OF MALFI back in 1993. I hadn't thought of that until I saw your post(s). Also, loved Daniel's videos - he is a genius!!!!